In this video, you’ll learn the tips and tricks that will save you time, money and headache during the move-in / move-out process.
- How to help your tenants transition smoothly;
- How to protect your own interests;
- Which general rules and regulations are applicable during this stage in the rental lifecycle.
Or, check out the deck on Slideshare.
Use these links to jump to various chapters in the video:
- Notification of Renewal / Move-Out (8:20)
- Listings / Showing (11:36)
- Application (16:52)
- Review / Approval (20:26)
- Security Deposit (28:42)
- Lease Signing (32:32)
- Move-Out (37:11)
- Cleaning / Repairs (40:32)
- 1st Month’s Rent (44:09)
- Keys (45:53)
- Move-In & Inspection (49:45)
- Celebrate (53:40)
- Itemized Damages & Receipts (54:06)
- Deposit Refund (56:09)
- About Cozy (58:14)
- Questions & Answers (1:02:09)
These links were mentioned in the presentation:
- Cozy – Free, simple end-to-end rental management software for landlords and tenants.
- State Laws – State-specific laws and regulations for residential rental properties.
- The Landlord Guides – The definitive step-by-step guides for independent landlords.
- The Landlord Lifecycle – The complete guide to the phases of renting a property and the related resources.
- Services Directory – The best on and offline tools for managing rentals.
- Ask a Lucas – A bite-sized Q&A podcast about landlording.
- CirclePix – Professional photography for your rentals.
- HelloSign, SignNow, and DocuSign – Electronic document signing tools.