Here at Cozy, the company behind Landlordology, we provide industry-leading online tools and resources to make renting easy for everyone.
We have a lot of customers and a lot of data about the rental market:
- Cozy is used by over 22,000 landlords and 33,000 tenants.
- Cozy is being used in over 3,400 US cities.
- We process over 120 Million dollars in rent every year (and growing!)
As an experiment, we pulled together a sampling of actual rent prices in major US cities during the month of May. To our surprise, we discovered something interesting:
It’s nearly impossible to afford a one bedroom apartment anywhere in the US on minimum wage.
- A minimum wage renter in San Francisco, would need three roommates to afford a one bedroom apartment.
- Of all cities, renters in NYC spend 53% of their monthly income on housing – the highest in the nation.
- A renter gets the most space for the money in Midwest cities, like St. Louis, MO.
Download and Share:
Learn more at Cozy.co