How to file a small claims lawsuit against your landlord or renter

Written on October 3, 2017 by , updated on January 28, 2019

small claims court landlordThe one safety net both landlords and renters have against being taken advantage of is small claims court.

Knowing that you can sue your tenant or your landlord for a violation makes the whole landlord-tenant arrangement work.

Think about it. Because landlords know they can sue their tenants for nonpayment of rent, for example, they are more likely to become a landlord in the first place. If they had no recourse for lease violations, they might choose to buy an Ace Hardware franchise instead.

Or if a tenant knows they can sue a landlord for wrongly withholding a security deposit or for not providing a habitable unit, that tenant will not be too skittish about handing over security deposit money in advance and should feel more comfortable about renting property in general.

So small claims court is a good thing. The problem is that some work is involved in filing a claim, and there are no guarantees you’ll win. Even if you do win, you might not collect. The more you know, however—whether you’re a landlord or a renter—the easier filing will be and the more likely it will be that you’ll win a judgment.

1. Try to resolve the issue

If your tenant or your landlord has wronged you, your first course of action should be to try to resolve the issue before going to court. The person who owes you money is probably hoping that you’ll just forget about it and go away. You want to let them know you have not forgotten and will not go away. Here’s what to do:

  • Send a letter requesting what is owed to you, called a demand letter.
  • Start by stating the problem, such as, “You have not paid April’s rent in the amount of $1,400.” Or, “You have wrongly withheld my security deposit of $1,200. I returned the property in good condition.”
  • Let this person know they need to pay you (state the dollar amount they owe you) by (give a date, such as 10 days from the date you’re writing the letter).
  • Conclude by letting them know you’ll sue them in small claims court if you don’t receive the money by the due date.

The demand letter often works in getting your money. If not, small claims court is your next resort.

Related: 7 tips for preventing security deposit disputes

2. Look up your state laws

The procedure for suing someone in small claims court varies by state. Do an internet search such as, “file small claims in Georgia,” to find out the particulars for your state.

Related: Landlord-tenant state law guides

3. Find out Your state’s limits

There’s a limit as to how much you can sue for in small claims court. The amount varies between $2,500 and $25,000. Here’s a chart with figures from 2015.

StateDollar Limit
California$10,000, except that a plaintiff may not file a claim over $2,500 more than twice a year. Limit for local public entity or for businesses is $5,000. $6,500 is the limit in suits by an individual against a guarantor that charges for its guarantor or surety services.
Connecticut$5,000 (except in landlord-tenant security deposit claims).
District of Columbia$10,000
Georgia$15,000 (no limit in eviction cases).
Hawaii$5,000; no limit in landlord-tenant residential security deposit cases. For return of leased or rented personal property, the property must not be worth more than $5,000.
Indiana$6,000 ($8,000 in Marion County)
Louisiana$5,000 (city court); $5,000 (justice of the peace, but no limit on eviction cases).
Massachusetts$7,000; no limit for property damage caused by motor vehicle.
Minnesota$15,000 ($4,000 for claims involving consumer credit transactions, $15,000 for claims involving money or personal property subject to criminal forfeiture)
Nebraska$3,600 from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2020 (adjusted every five years based on the Consumer Price Index)
New Hampshire$10,000
New Jersey$3,000 ($5,000 for claims relating to security deposits); certain landlord-tenant suits cannot be brought
New Mexico$10,000
New York$5,000 ($3,000 in town and village courts)
North Carolina
$5,000 to $10,000 depending on county
North Dakota$15,000
Rhode Island$2,500
South Carolina$7,500
South Dakota$12,000
$15,000 or $25,000 in counties with population of more than 700,000
West Virginia$5,000
Wisconsin$10,000; no limit in eviction suits

Be sure to click through to your state government webpage, which will have the latest figures and dollar amounts. If you need to sue for more than the limit for your state, you need to either settle for your state’s maximum or use a different court.

4. Determine whether you can use a lawyer

You don’t need to hire a lawyer to sue someone or defend yourself in small claims court. And most people don’t. They represent themselves. In fact, in some states, you aren’t even allowed to have representation. Find this out before you file.

5. Understand the terms

Small claims court itself can have a different name depending on its location. Sometimes small claims court is called “magistrate court,” “pro se court,” or “justice of the peace court.”

When you file for small claims court, you’re the plaintiff (making a complaint). When you’re being sued, you’re the defendant (defending yourself).

6. Watch the clock

A statute of limitations applies to cases brought to small claims court, ranging from 2 to 15 years. If you wait longer than what your state allows, you can no longer file.

7. File your complaint

If you are the one suing (the plaintiff), you need to go to the courthouse in the same town as your rental property, not the town in which you live (if they differ). You will need to file a complaint with the court clerk, which describes the charges you’re making against the defendant. It’s best to bring copies of any proof you might have when you’re filing. You should keep the originals.

You typically will need to pay a filing fee. This varies by court, but it’s usually around $50.

8. Wait

Here’s what to expect after you file a complaint with the court:

  • The court notifies the defendant who receives a copy of your complaint and a summons to appear in court. The defendant needs to answer this complaint, typically within 30 days.
  • If the defendant doesn’t answer the complaint within the allotted time, you can ask the court for a default judgment. Here, you can take your case to a judge without the defendant being there.
  • If the defendant answers, the court sets a date for the hearing, usually within the month.
  • The defendant can also file a counterclaim against you, which will be heard at the hearing.

9. Bring proof

Bring to court any documents, including photos, videos, text messages, and emails, which will help prove your case. If, for example, you are a renter trying to get back your security deposit, provide photos from the day you moved in and photos from the day you moved out.

10. State your case

You’ll need to describe to the judge why you are seeking money from the defendant. Be prepared with all the facts. State them clearly, getting to the point as fast as possible. Next, it will be the defendant’s turn to present any evidence they may have.

11. Receive the verdict

The judge decides whether the plaintiff wins a judgment against the defendant or not, and if the defendant has filed a countersuit, whether that will be granted or not.

12. Consider appealing

Either party can appeal a verdict they disagree with to a higher court. The higher court decides whether it will grant the appeal. Note that higher courts typically grant appeals only on cases where the judge made a mistake, not to simply give you a chance to retry the case.

13. Collect your judgment

If you win your case, you need to collect your judgment. If you aren’t paid immediately, you have options.

  • Garnish the defendant’s wages or bank account.
  • Put a lien on their property.
  • Hire a collection agency.

Bottom line

There are specific steps involved in suing someone and taking them to small claims court. And if you win, you’ll need to collect the judgment, which is sometimes hard to do, such as if you can’t find the defendant or if the defendant has little to no assets and no job. You might want to consider the defendant’s ability to pay before you file a claim. But if you are wronged, it’s great knowing that you have the option of small claims court.

Get our free newsletter

Join 200,000+ landlords

  • ​Tips to increase income
  • Time-saving techniques
  • ​Powerful tools & resources

199 CommentsLeave a Comment

  • Nicole Hawley

    January – living room ceiling leaked, which destroyed a tablecloth and two pictures I had displayed on my table, where electronics are also located. Back in June, my kitchen ceiling leaked due to a bad roof that they failed to repair in an appropriate time with water leaking through a main light fixture on the ceiling. When my ceiling was fixed in January it was because I called that day saying I wouldn’t pay my Feb. rent. Waited three weeks when they said it would be repaired in a week. Left paint chips throughout the room when it was fixed. Wrote a lengthy email to the landlord and said I refused to pay my whole rent – I was willing to compromise. No returned email or call and forced to pay entire rent with notice. Can I sue?

    • Jazz

      Apartment complex had a water leak that affected our apartment. It is tooth and nail getting them to respond to me regarding renters insurance because my personal property was damaged. This is all happening during the pandemic.. the workers showed up with 5 people at my door without masks or gloves to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The leak damaged wiring behind the walls and so our laundry appliances are out and have been for TWO WEEKS now. Also, lighting fixtures were not working & my carpet was left to mold and mildew from the water. None of these issues have been fixed and it is now weeks later .. they are getting back to me and saying I have to pay rent or find someone else to sublease. Can I sue them?

      • PARIS

        I moved into a house that rents rooms,12. The owner owns 5 homes. I am being treated for possible mold exposure that he has refused to clean up. I need help.I have never had rashs nor the kind that bleed. In response the owner is trying everthing to evict me with an eviction,ie…false protection orders, harassment,etc…I need help, TODAY.

    • Laticia jones

      I gave my landlord a two month in advance notice that i was moving. I ended up moving Out on April 1st 2020 the same day i moved my things out my slum landlord moved the new tenant in. He ended up only giving me only 175 of my security deposit which was 700 dollars.he charged me 525 for a small 9inch hole that was in my boys room which i take full responsibility for,a little garbage that was properly bagged and sat in the back off the house that the city most likely picked up, some small grease stains that was on the back of the wall where the stove was. I always paid my rent on time n never late so i would like to know if i can sue him??because its mighty funny if all of this was wrong with the unit why did he move someone in the same day!

    • Bernice Sparrow-crawford

      I and two grand kids moved in March 2017,no
      furniture just clothing.Starting fresh,3 to 4 months a friend helped me bye bye furniture.
      I was told the place had bedbugs .Started exsperision everything bugs mice they ate
      Every thing .I don’t know which one was the
      Whose we were bitten,had to throw all my furniture away.Oh payed for security there is
      None have pictures and receipts.Ms.Sparrow

  • quadir

    i was illegally evicted with one week still left under my month to month lease, she still owes me for the as well at my iphone 11 promax these crackheads and furniture thas still in that hose, so i had to ordr anothe rphone in which i have to pay an additional amount of money for this ded.

  • quadir

    i was illegally evicted with one week still left under my month to month lease, she still owes me for the as well at my iphone 11 promax these crackheads and furniture thas still in that hose, so i had to ordr anothe rphone

  • quadir

    i was illegally evicted with one week still left under my month to month lease, she still owes me for the as well at my iphone 11 promax

  • Carol Huston

    I as a teant worked for my landlord for all must a year. Now he owns me money for the work I did in February of 2020 now he donnot want pay me what should I do. Plus they did some electrical work and cause everyones bill to go from $56.00 dollars a month to $ 275.oo dolars a month he says that he is going to fix it but as of today March the 1st of 2020 he has not done a thing on this matter. I live in Michigan what do I do from here on out…. Plese help

  • Tammy

    Agreed with owner to purchase a home on land contract. He said he’d help with trash removal for us to get heat unit put in. We stopped paying him rent when in November and December still had no heat because he hadn’t helped us to clean up 5 years worth of trash. He evicted us and on day of eviction husband went into full cardiac arrest and when son yelled and told him to call 911, the owner refused. We started CPR until paramedics and police showed up. He took our boat, trailer, ladder and some extra items we couldn’t get out and now wants to sue us for back rent and removing copper we paid for. No lease agreement nor land contract was ever signed. We want to counter sue. Do we have a chance???? We need all the help and advise we can get.

    • Valerie Romero

      Do you have anything in writing? If he is suing you for back rent then he is admitting you are tenants. If you are tenants then he has to provide heat. Can you prove he didn’t know there was no heat? All falls under California Civil Code Section 1941.1 He can’t have it both ways by suing you for back rent and then stating that you were not tenants.

    • Brenda

      Note this is personal opinion not legal advice.Where I live that may be considered a verbal lease. Maybe not.You wouldn’t have much luck with the countersuit. Might be better to state the true fact That he let you stay there, under the belief ,that a lease would be forthcoming and that the items he intends to keep are yours not his.Hopefully you kept your receipts and inscribed the items.If so then the chance of your receiving your items back are high.Your mistake was simply paying rent without a lease in the first place.[normally this is seen between family members friends not landlords]Next was not putting your rent in escrow to force the issue.You can’t just stop paying rent without putting the rent in escrow.

    • Brenda

      Hum was the copper removed from the house and did he give written permission.Sorry to ask but copper theft has/is rampant.I dont get why he didn’t call for help.Maybe liability? You really need to talk to a qualified attorney on this its to complex for most self help remedies.You could still try to talk to him and work something out.I still think that an attorney would be your first and safest bet at this point

  • Nicolette Garcon

    My frigerator is not working for 2 weeks now. The landlord ask me what I want him to do about it. Today he sent a technician from PC Richard with no instructions. When the technician get to my apartment he ask me who is going to pay. I reply the landlord. Then he said he needs proove. I call the landlord no answer until the thecnician left. What do you think I should do about that. Please help

  • Annie Alexander

    I put in a 30 day notice with my old apartment complex as the unit was inhabitable Bc of water leaks into my light fixtures and kitchen wall and counters tops if anyone took a shower in the bathroom upstairs. The last day to be in the apt is 04/09. I went to get my mail from the mailbox and realize that the apt complex had rekeyed my mailbox and all my mail is missing.
    Is that illegal?
    I also have emails of details of all the problems in the apartment and non have been addressed. I asked to be released from my lease and no one gave any feedback.
    I’ve since moved out of the apartment since 03/20. What are some advice to handle my past complex when it comes to payment for breaking my lease for a unit my family couldn’t live in?? Help please

    • Valerie Romero

      Read California Civil Code Section 1941.1 and take them to small claims court under this section. That is all you can do. Yes, you have a strong case

  • Brenda

    About your mail.Its rather common in an apt complex to change the locks on mail boxes.Many apts assume that when you give notice, that you will change your address at the same time.Its also a method to make sure no one else gets your mail, in the mean time.Some apts use a set lock key to indicate quickly to the onsite manager that someone has moved and the apt is empty.The methods to mark the key are innumerous and not all complexes use this.Check with the onsite manager if there is one.If not check with the management company or landlord.Also contact anyone sending you mail and give them the updated address.If you still haven’t found where your mail is contact the postal system.They will tell you the steps you need to take.

  • Lisa jones

    After four years of renting to the same tenants we noticed there water bill hitting well over 100.00 per month yet the tenants were not watering the property as promised they had many leaks we would repair in the 12;years we lived there are water bill was seventy percent less then there’s and there’s matchedmares the first year. So we notified tenant we would pay one more water bill for them and they would pay from then on. Husband didn’t like that at all then we find out he went in our shop pulled out all work stations and,all cabinets destroying are work shop into a blank empty room they also destroyed entire house and left so much garbage on are acre it well take about 2,100 to get it cleared. My insurance well not cover the damages.

  • Reyann Motee

    I am having an issue with getting my deposits back on and apartment that i did not move into. I have the text messaged where the landlords states what i must do as well as the confirmation he asked for. he refused to reply to give me an answer. will not say if my lease is active or not and is showing the rental property. what can i do?

  • Rebecca Soogrim

    On Wednesday April 29 at 11:17 AM one of us saw the manager named Maria Daughrly of the “RV Park” called “Rancho Corrido RV & Resort RV Park” at 14715 Highway 76 Pauma Valley, CA 92061 walking up to our house, banging on our door of RV33 without a mask on after she has been in quarantine from the Coronavirus with an envelope in her hand and gave it to my mother and I when we answered the door and it had Selwyn Rebecca Soogrim, Selwyn Jericho Soogrim, but not my mother’s name Rebecca Reed on it that turned out to be a 7 day notice that was dated for April 28 along with her verbally telling my mother and I during the “COVID19 Band” aka the “Coronavirus Band On Evictions” that, “It Smells Like Cat Poop Outside Your Unit,” “You Need To Clean It Up” along with her telling us that “If The Car Is Not Registered Or Running, Then It Will Be Taken Out Of Here” which the “Buick Regal 1995 Silver Car that is in our rv unit space that has the sticker that says the updated year on it of 2013 when we have the title that says it was updated in 2014 and she also told my mother and I that “You Guys Have Been Having Too Many Visitors At Your House That Are Known Drug Dealers,” “You Are Friends With Known Drug Dealers” along with her saying to us that “You Guys Have Been Showing Up On The Security Cameras” and my mother and I told her that “That’s A Lie About Us Having Too Many Visitors At Our House” “We Haven’t Had Any Visitors At Our House” so she also told us that “You Guys Need To Check Your Guests In At The Office During Office Hours Before Having Guests Over At Your House.” After she left, my mother opened up the envelope that had a 7 day notice, reading it when I was outside with her to be her witness of our property of our rv unit space of RV33 that was dated for 4-28-2020 saying: SEVEN (7) DAY NOTICE TO RESIDENT TO COMPLY WITH RULES AND REGULATIONS (FOR DEFAULTING RESIDENTS)
    To: Selwyn & Rebecca Soogrim, 14715 HWY 76 #RV33, PAUMA VALLEY CA 92061.
    and to all Residents or occupants in possession of located at RANCHO CORRIDO RV RESORT #00RV33


    YOU have seven (7) days, after service on you of this notice to comply with the above rule(s) and/or regulation(s) of the Park. IF YOU DO NOT, you may be subject to legal proceedings to terminate your residency in the Park pursuant to Section 798.56 of the California Civil Code.

    #10 The manager must approve all pets and the space holder must sign a pet agreement.Pets in the park must be kept on a leash or in the unit: This is the law- Penal Code Section 62.669- Pets shall be licensed and copies of license are to be kept on file at the park office. Space holders must keep area clean of animal droppings at all times and must pick up after pet. Disturbances to other will not be tolerated and is cause for revoking privilege to keep your pet and/or termination of occupancy.
    #23 Space holders entertaining visitors or guests in the park shall be responsible for any charges or damages incurred by thier guests and/or visitors. Guests shall check in at office prior to visiting space holder(s). Visitors shall park in parking areas. Street parking is prohibited.

    Park Management Maria Daughrly Date 4-28-2020.

    She has been harassing us and discriminating against us ever since February 2020 a couple of months ago this year and is still continuing to this day to harass us and discriminate against us before and after she broke the “Coronavirus Quarantine Law” before and after she was quarantined. In the month of March 2020 this year some time this month at 11:00 AM the manager told my mother when I was outside the house along with her being outside with me and the manager saying to my mother that “That Has To Come Down” “We’re Not Going To Tolerate That” “We’re Not Living In The South” after my mother hung her one pair of pants on a hanger, hanging on a piece of rope attached to the tree behind us and was made to take them down when the manager didn’t tell the other tenants that they had to take their clothes down hanging off the cabins and everywhere when my mother and I took walks a couple of times and saw the other tenant’s clothes hanging everywhere all around the outside of the cabins as we walked by a couple times. Yours Truly, Rebecca Soogrim

  • Waid

    I have been renting a room from my mother and father for the past several years. My father passed away last June 2019. Now my brother is trying to put me away and steal all the inheritance, he gave a false statement indicating that I had a meth lab in the basement of my mothers house which was a lie,the police came & determined there was no meth lab however they did find some other narcotics. Then he told them he was 100% sure I had guns and drugs in my safe which I did not!! I did however have $100,000 worth of gold silver and cash which he told them belong to him and they allowed him to keep it! He then threw away everything he didn’t want and kept everything else. What can I do now?? Sombody HELP ME PLEASE!He owes me around 200,000$!🤮

  • James G. McGhee

    My landlord was running around the apartment complex 92 units telling all her employees that she had a no contact on me that was 2 months ago,during the 2 months of discrimination she instructed her staff to call Seattle police as much as possible so they could build this persona and the police would go along with them. Thats exactly what happened. well after 2 months of yelling no contact the landlord had her attoney serve me Wednesday May 6,2020 at about 2:30 pm Seattle time,I was strong armed and assaulted by 2 of the landlords emploees and 1 of her security guards in uniform in broad day light right in front of the building, they proceeded to strong arm the no contact from me Chris E. Barqwet,Crystal D. Fields and security .No Justice !

  • TeeTee

    When I first moved in I was in one f the rooms doing some cleaning, my kids ran in the room where I was and said mom someone is in the house. I looked at them like what? What do you mean someone is in the house? As I was coming out the room I was greeted by the landlord who stated, she was in the area had to use the restroom so she let herself in through the back door to use the rest room. A second time she bought some people over to look at a refrigerator that was suppose to be pushed in the garage, she let herself in again. The 3rd time she let herself in because she stated I didn’t answer the phone and she needed to sell her washer and dryer. Called police and they said she’s the owner she can come in when she wants.OMG, Is this correct?

  • Yvonne Kinchen

    I have been complaining about the noise upstairs that starts around 9:30 am until 3:00-4:00 am. I he neighbors are stomping, jumping and running all times of the day and night. I’ve called the police so much they refused to come out any more. The lease office has ignored all emails and calls. I’ve sent a certified letter to lease office about concerns. I can’t see or work. The lease office refused to help. It’s call inhabitable living.

  • Tamika Torrance

    I really need to find a lawyer who not afraid of fighting against HUD…On May 6, 2020 My son killed our friend and himself .And I never seeing anything like that and it really took meh away..So I explained to my landlord that me and my family can’t continue to live in the apartment so I was told to put in for a transfer and I did..So I went into the office several time stating that me and my kids was homeless and we had no where to stay…So my landlord told me that she couldn’t transfer us due to the virus that’s going around but I couldn’t understand why.because I’ve witness a man been shot down in front of me and then my son shot himself in the head and on top of that my landlord was transfer other tenants so why I couldn’t be transfer

  • Rochelle

    I have an annoying and unstable neighbor who I’ve complained about several times with no resolve. I even called the police which was a waste of time. I want to sue my neighbor for disturbing my ‘quiet enjoyment’ and the landlord for not doing enough to quick the tenant quiet. However, I do not have my neighbors’ full name. Is there a way to I can find out my neighbors’ name from the landlord or sue them both under a single claim?

  • Kaylee Demientieff

    Hello, my name is Kaylee Demientieff. I got your number from David with Synergy Home Team. He told me to get legal advice from you about my current landlord issue ive been having, and possibly have you represent me if I have a strong enough case to take legal action against my landlord.

    My wife and I moved into this apartment a year and a half ago, for a couple of weeks everything was okay. Until we noticed we were having a water issue with our washer. Everytime we ran the washing machine, water would overflow from this hole in the floor in the laundry room and would seap and sit there until it dried up. We informed the landlord about the issue and he didn’t do anything about it, other than tell us to soak it up with something, we did as he told us and it was just getting worse and worse. We then started to noticed the water damage began to go into the next room, it was worse than we had thought. We never noticed until we actually went into the room and walked around, that there was severe water damage to the floor. With each step we took water would come through the floor boards and all you heard was a swishing noise. We have never occupied the room since we moved in because it had a weird odor to it. Wasn’t to bad in the beginning but it started to smell like black mold. We then again informed the landlord about the issue, but this time he said he would fix the problem. Also during the winter time we had a septic issue and septic water had came up through the bath tub and toilet and had gotten everywhere all over the apartment, and he had us clean up all the hazardous water waste. Because if we didn’t clean it up ourselves it would’ve just sat there and would’ve made a protruding odor and made a very unsanitary living environment.

    But when the time came to fix the flooring in the room, he decided to evict us because of our dogs that we have and because we weren’t going to get rid of them like he wanted. He told us that there is absolutely no pets allowed in the apartment, but all the other 4 tenants have dogs. He told us that he wouldn’t be fixing the mold issue and the flooring until we vacated the apartment. He is expecting us to be out before August 1st, but still is expecting us to pay full rent for July. He has not prorated the rent for the room we have not occupied due to the mold issue cause we are concerned for our health. Even though we don’t occupy the room we still have symptoms of black mold exposure. Not to mention my wife and son have asthma and have had horrible asthma attacks while living here. Not only that my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer this March and we are very concerned about her health because she is going through chemotherapy and her immune system is very weak.

    We don’t know what to do, we don’t want to pay rent for this month because of the black mold issue we have and all the other issues we’ve had since living here. And we don’t have the finances to pay full months rent at this apartment and then be able to find an apartment before July is over, and have the security deposit and first months rent for the new one. If we pay rent at this current apartment, we will be living in our car, with our dogs and have to bring our 6 year old son to his Nanas house until we come up with money for a new place.

    Also, I don’t know what to say to my landlord about me not wanting to pay rent for this months. Because he is constantly bothering me about paying it. I just have been telling him we don’t have the money right now and will pay him ASAP when we get the money. I don’t know my rights as a tenant and his duties as a landlord. I need a legal attorney to help me with this issue.

  • Brianna Parks

    Hi – I paid my landlord first, last and security deposit upon moving in in 2016. I have emails stating it needs to be in cash or certified check to the company. I have statements from my bank account showing the withdrawal of the exact amount they were asking for. Now when I am trying to move out, they are claiming they have no record of me paying for my last month upfront and will use my security deposit to pay for the last month. Do you think my bank statements showing the amount withdrawn and the emails stating I had to pay for first, last and security upfront will be enough to bring my landlord to small claims court?

  • Vinay

    I stayed in apartment for 2 yrs 3 months, also paid lease break fee for 2 months – though i informed the management before lease starting due to my job relocation i had to move. If they could waive the lease break fee as i am intimating them before lease start, but they did not waive it.
    during inspection:
    1.) We need to paint the whole house, just by saying there are some patches on doors, not sure about walls and why they expect it to be painted
    2.) Carpets seems uneven in some locations, probably it is due to walkway area : we may have to get it inspected
    3.) Cleaning is not upto mark, they need to get it cleaned.
    When tenant exits, is it not apt management task to repaint and clean before it is handed over to new tenant??

Join the Discussion

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 characters available. Be short, sweet and to the point.